Monday, April 30, 2007

May I Suggest...

Yesterday I was pleased to find both pancake mix and syrup at my neighborhood grocery store, "Alpha Beta". Breakfast is one thing I really miss from home. Today is a Greek holiday, so I don't have class. A perfect day to sleep in a little and get up to make pancakes.

Bisquick? check. Milk? check. Eggs? check. Cooking spray? uh oh...
No Pam or vegetable oil to be found in my kitchen. I unsucessfully tried butter. My only other option: olive oil.

Let's just say I don't highly recommend olive oil pancakes, but sometimes you have to make use of your country's natural resources. Olives and olive oil are staples of Mediterranean cooking. Here is a blog entry Danny wrote while in Spain last year. It's a hilarious story about how much olive oil he consumed:

http://dcvivaspain.blogspot.com/2005/11/american-student-wreaks-havoc-on-olive.html

2 comments:

pepp238 said...

i have to disagree a bit, i don't think olive oil pancakes are that bad...but that's me talking. :)

Anonymous said...

American breakfast is by far the most important contribution the United States has made to the culinary world!